Tuesday, March 9, 2010

An Introduction!

Hello. My name is Heather. In all honesty my legal name is Denise, but when I was born my mom and dad felt I looked more like a Heather so they called me by my middle name and have never used my first name. If you call me Denise I won't answer you. I've even told people who call on the phone and ask for Denise that they have the wrong number.
I'm an old 29 years of age. I can't remember my age most of the time and if asked it may take me a minute to tell you my age. I guess once you are older and birthdays aren't that important you really don't remember them.

My parents got divorced when I was ....wow...I don't even remember. I was young though, probably a young tween (11-13 years old) It was a very very nasty divorce. Complete with custody battles and everything. I still remember my dad waking me up in the middle of the night shoving a picture of a man in my face asking if I wanted to see my mom's new boyfriend. *shakes head* Real nasty divorce. I've survived though.
I have 3 true sisters. Then I have a 1/2 sister by my mom and stepdad and a 1/2 sister by my dad and stepmom. I also have a 1/2 brother by my mom and stepdad. I have 2 nephews and a niece thanks to my older sister. When the whole family gets together we have to rent out a restaurant practically!
I've lived in Maryland all of my life (save for a few short months (weeks?) that I lived in FL when my dad moved us there trying to take us away from my mom. I lived in PA for 5 years and am now back down in MD near where I grew up.  I'd love to completely move away one day, but I fear I'd miss my family something terrible.
My mom was never really the best mom. Don't get me wrong, she wasn't horrible, but she wasn't very responsible. She'd let us stay home from school whenever we wanted, didn't really care what we did or where we went. Just as long as we were home by curfew. I semi blame her for not graduating high school with my class. I had to take a class in summer school in order to graduate. Yes it was my fault, but what kid would go to school if they weren't forced to?!
I had a lot of fun in high school and miss it sometimes. Not necessarily the going to school part....just the fun I used to have while in high school.
I was a dental assistant/receptionist for 5 years before getting pregnant with my first son Aidan. I was 20 years old when that happened. I spent my 21st birthday pregnant and not able to drink (legally). I married my then boyfriend and Aidan's father when I was 3 months pregnant. I mean it was the right thing to do right?! Since then we've had 2 more boys. Yes that makes 3 boys total.
It really makes me mad the comments I can get when out in public with the kids. "Are they all yours?" uhh yeah, what do you think I did just picked up some random kids somewhere? "all boys huh?" what was your first clue? "Don't you want a girl?" Remind me next time to make sure I choose the right one at the store. I think the comment from my mom after my niece was born really topped the cake for me. I asked her why she went to see my neice but never came to see my youngest son. Her response? "he's just another boy...nothing special about him." Gee thanks mom.
I've been married for 9 years this June. It really doesn't seem like that long.
I've always written at another blog site. I've been blogging for almost 9 years, and in those 9 years I've met some awesome people. I wouldn't change that for the world. It's what keeps me around there really. I've had a bunch of friends move here though so I decided to give it a whirl.

No comments:

Background