Thursday, October 28, 2010

Wow I've neglected you!

I can't believe it's been SO long since I've written an entry!  Time has just completely gotten away from me!

I am now almost 36 weeks pregnant.  I don't know what it is, but this pregnancy has really done a number on me.  I don't know if it's because it's my 4th pregnancy, or if it's because I'm chasing 3 boys also while so hugely pregnant, or what.  But this has been the hardest pregnancy for me yet!  I've had quite a few "complications" with this pregnancy.  I failed my 1 hr glucose test and had to take the 3 hour test.  I passed the 3 hour test though.  I've been diagnosed with polyhydramnios (excess amniotic fluid) and had to have quite a few more ultrasounds done to keep an eye on my fluid levels.  Although my level HAS dropped, it's still on the high side of normal so they're still keeping an eye on it.  I'm having extreme back and hip pain and it's made it very hard to walk.

At my last sonogram last week (35 weeks) the baby was estimated to weigh 6lbs 9oz.  My OB has scheduled an amnio to be done on Monday (at 36 weeks 2 days) to test lung maturity.  I've got a c-section scheduled for Tuesday afternoon if his lungs come back as mature.  If they don't come back as mature then they will reschedule the c-section for the following week.  I've been flipping out wondering just what the chances are that his lungs are mature.  I slept like absolute crap last night cause it's all I could think about.  I've googled till my fingers are raw and basically haven't come up with anything but it being a "50/50 chance".  I'm just in so much pain that I think it would devastate me to have to wait another week!  Of course I will if I have to because I want him healthy and fine, but I really hope the amnio shows his lungs are mature.

There is still so much for me to do to be ready though.  I haven't packed a hospital bag, the carseat hasn't been installed (we do have it though), I still need to clean the house and make sure everything is done so if I DO have the c-section Tuesday everything is caught up when I am in the hospital next week.  I need to make a list of schedules and times and everything for my mother in law for her to take care of the boys while I'm in the hospital.  The list goes on and on.

I want to update on the other boys also, but I don't want to make this entry to long, so I'll write another entry about them :)

So tell me....what's new with you?!  What have I missed?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*hugs* They are watching my fluid levels for the opposite problem...lower fluid. Our due dates are pretty close together and it sounds like we could both go earlier. I will be thinking of you. Hope all goes well at your amnio.

Background