Thursday, September 9, 2010

A lot can happen in a week!

Wow so it's been like a week since I've written! There just seems to be no time lately! I am really hoping to get back in the swing of things soon! Until then we'll stick with some paragraph type updates




Avery started preschool again. He's only gone once so far (he started tuesday and doesn't go wednesdays and today they are off school for Rosh Hashanah.) He cried when I dropped him off (which I was totally expecting) and I just kept telling myself he'd be fine after 5 min. I picked him up with a huge smile on his face and he said he had a good day. We'll see how tomorrow goes!





Avery has started at a new therapy place and I'm really liking them. They are going through a bunch of evaluations right now. We're trying to find out whether Avery has some type of anxiety disorder or whether he has aspergers. I'm really hoping we can find out soon though. Although I'm glad they aren't rushing to a diagnosis. Once they decide, if it IS aspergers then we'll be referred to their autism team who will do their own evaluation and decide just where on the spectrum he falls and what therapy we should be getting. The new speech therapist he is seeing though is so awesome with him. She may start seeing him twice a week. She completely agrees with the Apraxia diagnosis and is using the Kaufman method with him which he seems to be doing really well with.





At my last OB appt I was told my amniotic fluid was high and that the baby was measuring 3 weeks bigger than he should be. I was then referred to a Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor and was informed of all the things that could be wrong with the baby.





Got word that I bombed my gestational diabetes test, and they want me on a special diet for a couple days then I have to go take the 3 hour glucose test. There is NO way I am having the kids with me at the lab for almost 4 hours. After talking it over with Roy he's going to come home early on Monday so that after I take all 3 boys to school Monday morning I can head to the lab. Roy will then come home in time to pick Avery up from school and will meet me back at the house after I'm done at the lab.





I got a letter from the principal at Aidan and Austin's school. My first thought was "oh no!" As I read on I see that Aidan was put into the gifted and talented program at the school and also will be in 4th grade math this year!!! *beams* Proud mama moment!





Went to my Maternal Fetal Medicine appt and went through an hour and a half long sonogram where they measured everything you can think of on the baby. They measured all his bones, got pictures of his heart, spine, diaphram, kidneys, liver, brain, cerebalem, nostrils, eye sockets, palette, tongue, etc etc. Absolutely amazing to me to watch him on the screen kicking and also feeling him at the same time. Wow! They measured my fluid also. Good news is that the baby is absolutely totally PERFECT! There is nothing wrong with him!! They said he is measuring a little big, but that could be either genetics or the gestational diabetes. But with the 3 other boys being BIG babies that isn't something to be concerned about at this point! She said typical doctor cut off for amniotic fluid is anywhere from 24-25 and my number is 24.7. So yes it's on the "high" side. But it's the "high side of normal". They even did an internal sonogram to check on lower uterine wall thickness and said it looks good and doesn't look like anything to be concerned about right now! I'll now be seeing the MFM doctors every 2 weeks in addition to my OB every 2 weeks and their on opposite weeks so I'll be having an appt every week now. Just about 8 weeks left to go!





I've been slacking on picture taking lately and need to do some more picture taking of the boys so I have some new pics to post! Until then I'm off to referree again since all the boys are home.

 
Please check out this important Blog Entry! Click HERE to read about something near and dear to my heart!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congrats on a healthy looking baby and the proud momma moment! :o) LOVE THOSE!
did you have gestational diabetes with any of your other kids? i have been on a diet for gestational diabetes since 26 weeks and i have lost so much weight. just yesterday i went to the doctor *34 weeks* and FINALLY gained some weight back. 6 whole lbs. yay! lol i think im the only woman ever to want to gain weight.

Background